Using 2 methods of payment on 1 purchase?

herrlys
New Community Member

I have 300 in paypal smart connect available and want to buy a 500 item before I purchase it can i use the 300 on my credit and have the rest transfered out of my account? or do i need to contect the seller to make 2 seperate payments?  Thanks for you  help.

Scott

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That's not going to work for an eBay transaction.  With eBay, you must work within the system.  If the seller would send you an invoice or even two, that would be a policy violation for the seller and you would not be covered for buyer protection.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately you cannot split payment sources.

Login to Me Too

herrlys
New Community Member

So in order to do it, I'd need to contact the seller and have him send me two seperate bills, one for 300 and one for remaining balance... Would that work, then I'd be doing 2 seperate payments to the same person.?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That would work if the seller agrees.

Login to Me Too

herrlys
New Community Member

do you know how that would work with ebay?  when you buy an item it kinda takes over would the seller be able to change that?

Login to Me Too
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That's not going to work for an eBay transaction.  With eBay, you must work within the system.  If the seller would send you an invoice or even two, that would be a policy violation for the seller and you would not be covered for buyer protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.