Unauthorized Transactions

GR44
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, community.

Today I just received my monthly bank credit card statementas usual. But I found there are two unauthorized transactions using PayPal. I'm positively sure I never made those payments, because I know when or where my money spending to. 

These two PayPal transactions only appeared on my bank statement, but they couldn't be found at all on my PayPal transactions history.

How do you solve this issue? Because I don't want to pay something that I never purchased.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GR44

The only time that transactions appear on your card statements and not on your paypal account is when you have paid as a guest buyer.

So have you bought anything from someone that accepted paypal but you did it direct with a card (it can only be done via a card) and not by signing in to your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GR44
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you for the response.

No, I always login to my PayPal account whenever I'd like to pay something. Also, judging by the name of the store and amount, it's very unfamiliar to me. I always know my monthly spending. So, these two unauthorized transactions definitely not mine.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GR44

Then firstly i would phone paypal and see if they can shed some light on it and failing that contact your card issuer and issue an unauthorised transaction report for a chargeback.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.