Treated Like Money Launderer for $30 Transfer by Call Center Employee

NobHill
Contributor
Contributor

Earlier in the day I transferred $100.00 to my Pay Pal Balance account.  Later in the date In attempted to transfer $30.00 more.  It would not let me do it.  Instead of telling me why, it referred me to their rude and insolent call center.

The first level of support had no idea why my $30.00 transfer didn't go through, they had to kick me upstairs to the next level where the rude and insolent people work.

I explained that I tried to transfer $30.00 and the system wouldn't let me.  Instead of telling me the reason why (you can only do one transfer per day) this rude, insolent and poorly-trained employee demanded to know WHY I wanted to transfer THIRTY DOLLARS.  Like I'm some kind of international money launderer.

Because of this rude, insolent, incompetent, poorly-trained employee I will be closing my paypal account.  Has this happened to anybody else?  

I already made a complaint about this person.  But I am not satisfied, so I am spreading the word, first here and then to corporate headquarters when they open on Thursday.  This is not the first corporation that has outsourced their call center to a bunch of poorly trained people who feel invulnerable to any repercussions.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

McRobsGoods1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I recently made a credit account and I haven't been able to make one single purchase on my eBay account for the last 4 days or so. I always contact support to usually get somebody really nice who wants to help me but seems to need to kick it up as well. As soon as I talk to him I'm treated as if I'm going to scam the whole business. I also am debating about closing my PayPal account. It seems I have made a mistake with trusting them with my money, time and resources.
Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

every transactions goes through a system check.  It decides if it’s going to allow the transaction or not.  While really good about preventing fraud, there are some instances where it also catches a fully legitimate payment. and in some cases it's really a dead end and they are not allowed provide reason as it undermines the system's effectiveness at minimizing fraud.  this is how other financial institions check transactions too. maybe that's the way the rep tells you it's no good. can't say good customer service but also can't blame them for such.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.