Student Account and no Bank Account

antmcf
Contributor
Contributor

I was told to have a parent create a student account for me to use paypal since I am only 17 years old. My father made me one through his account. I have alot of funds in my account from transferring money from my old account that is now limted because of age. The problem I am having is that I cannot spend this money on any website because we do not have a bank account to link to my student account. Everytime I try to make a purchase on eBay it says this exact message, "Before you can make purchases online, your parent must add a bank account to their PayPal account and confirm it. Ask you parent to log in and finish setting up your Student Account." Now I have a plentyful amount of money that is just stasis that I would really like to spend. Is there any way I can activate my account without having to link a bank account to it because I do not have one. Can I link a debit card to it or something? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The message you're getting is telling you that your father must add a bank account to his PayPal account.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

antmcf
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I do know that he must add a bank account. My parents do not have one or just simply doesn't want to put it on paypal. Is that the only way to use a student account because other paypal accounts do not need a bank account linked just to buy something online.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

antmcf wrote:

Is that the only way to use a student account because other paypal accounts do not need a bank account linked just to buy something online.

Contact PayPal cutomer support to see if there is another way... log in to your PayPal account, click on the "Contact Us" link which is at the bottom of most PayPal pages and select the "Call Us" option... the next page will provide you with a passcode and the PayPal phone number for your account.

Other contact options are Twitter via @AskPayPal https://twitter.com/askpaypal or Private Message on PayPal's Facebook page at...

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.