Saleing my Car and someone trying to Buy it by me Using Western Union ?

Madslim
New Community Member

Ok i need help here , Someone is Buying my car from out of state or what not and send $550 more than my asking price for me to go to western Union and Fill out a Form etc and then i get something from PAYPAL saying what i need to do at western union so they can Release the Funds to me , But i swear it ask me to Put up the $500 first at the Western Union get Recipe Number and all the other Info the send it to the Paypal Team and then they will Add the funds to my Paypal account , But he has mentioned he is having a company picking the car up and thats what the Extra $500 was for ?  Nowhas anybody ever heard of this ? it is Real emails from Paypal telling what to do to get my Money on my Balance . But i have not Bank account Linked to my Paypal only a Prepaid Debit card ! so how would i get my money from Paypal ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Madslim -

Smiley Surprised  Stop!  Don't do it!  This is a scam. 

Firstly, PayPal will never ask you to use another money transfer services to receive funds from us.  Moving money around is what we do - we don't need another company to do it for us.  Smiley Happy

The extra $500 is included as part of what is known as Advanced Fee Fraud.  In this particular instance, they're trying to get you to send your own money to them first on the promise that you'll receive payment later. 

You'll probably find some very similar emails and anecdotes here - in our Examples of Suspected Fraud/Fake Emails thread.

Stay safe,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.