Payment pending, Paypal giving incorrect information to buyer....please help!

danny_yorks
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trading on ebay and using Paypal for over 10 years.

I have 100% feedback on ebay and I have NEVER had any issues with Paypal or ebay whatsoever....and I mean absolutely nothing at all!

On Saturday evening I sold an item on ebay for £899.99 and the buyer paid immediately but for some unknown reason Paypal have set the funds to "Pending" and are refusing to release them until I post the item and the buyer confirms they are received.

I have been in contact with Paypal who have confirmed that the funds are on hold but cannot give me a reason why. They are currently "investigating the situation"....whatever that means?!?!

Whatever the reason or outcome, under no circumstances am I prepared to post the item until I receive the funds. I will cancel the transaction and face the consequences if that is what I have to do. Tracked and insured postage for the item will not be cheap.

I have been in direct contact with the buyer who had absolutely no idea the payment was being held by Paypal until I told them. Despite being a little perplexed (as you would expect) the buyer is being quite understanding at the moment.

The buyer has contacted Paypal independently and has been told that the payment is probably on hold because I am a new seller....that is, quite simply, not correct!

I have trawled the Internet and the Paypal community forums for a reason as to why this might be happening and have drawn a complete blank. None of the reasons I can find for Paypal holding payment tally up with why it has happened with this particular transaction.

I am at my wits end, can anybody help me please?

Thanks for listening.

Danny

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danny_yorks

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

danny_yorks
Contributor
Contributor
Hi kernowlass Many thanks for your response. I doubt that's the reason. Nearly everything I sell is of what I would consider high value. That majority of my sales have been very high-end designer jackets and rare vintage sportswear. The transaction that has been blocked is most definitely not the highest value item I have ever sold on eBay yet I've never been faced with this problem before.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.