Payment from Bank Account when Paypal balance over £200 ?

nicksion
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can anybody explain why Paypal has started taking money for items I have bought on eBay, directly from my bank account - instead of using my Paypal account, which has a balance of over £200 ?

This is very frustrating and I am wondering if there is a setting that has been changed ?

Thanks

NIck

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. Is the person you are paying using the same currency ie not an international sale?

2. Are the funds pending or cleared in your paypal account balance?

3. Do you use pay after delivery?

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nicksion
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, the PayPal funds are cleared and the sellers are all based in England, but the "Pay after Delivery" option does apply. However, my PayPal account is always in credit with enough money to pay for the items I buy on eBay. Thanks in advance of your help. Nick
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Thats solved that then >> pay after delivery only works with a linked bank account as they can't "schedule" delayed payments from your paypal balance in case there are none in there when the time comes to take the money.

So pay after delivery is always debited from your bank account.

If you turn PAD off then you can use the funds in your paypal balance again.

Personally i don't see the advantage in having PAD as the seller is credited instantly anyway, its only that you can put off paying for a couple of weeks and does not give you any better buyer protection.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

your welcome !

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.