Outstanding Balances + Recurring Payments to a Cancelled Subscription?

DeathTheKidd
Contributor
Contributor

So I opened a Dramafever subscription back in 2013, I usually paid with Visa Gift cards, and cancelled 2 days in advanced when I didn't have the money to continue to fund them. It seems that now that I have stopped paying DramaFever entirely, cancelled my Recurring payments from Paypal I have been getting an email every month from Paypal saying the Subscription Purchase has not been completed and I have been charged, adding each cycle to my Outstanding balance..

It stands at 30 something dollars now, and it just keeps growing... When I look at my transaction history dating back to 2013, it says I have Cancelled my Recurring Payment, and that I do not owe anything. My Concern is that this email is either fake, or I'm being charged a whole load of money for nothing and it's going to pop up on my account one day. 

Anyone know how to fix this? ( I already sent a copy of the email to Spoof@Paypal.com just in case if it was a fake paypal email.)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Here’s how to cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

1.Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2.Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3.Select ‘My money'.
4.In the ‘My pre-approved payments’ section, click ‘Update'.
5.Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click ‘Cancel’.
6.Click ‘Cancel Profile’ to confirm your request

When going to your "profile" be sure to double click on the tab to open the full Profile page as you may not get all the options if you just hover you mouse over it. Once the page loads you will see the section that says "my money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Here’s how to cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

1.Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
2.Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
3.Select ‘My money'.
4.In the ‘My pre-approved payments’ section, click ‘Update'.
5.Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click ‘Cancel’.
6.Click ‘Cancel Profile’ to confirm your request

When going to your "profile" be sure to double click on the tab to open the full Profile page as you may not get all the options if you just hover you mouse over it. Once the page loads you will see the section that says "my money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.