Money from PP balance refunded.... 10 day delay?

Eggenberg
New Community Member

Hi,

I paid someone I owed money to from my PayPal balance however the amount was erroneous (too much paid to him) so he refunded the money to me the same day.  I have confirmed that the refund is pending but the amount of time it's to be pended, 10 working days, seems extreme.

Why, when the money was paid from my existing balance, does PayPal deem this 10 day period a fair length of time to sit on my cash?  I understand it's an escrow system but 10 days to give back something that took 10 seconds to send?  It seems extreme.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Eggenberg,

Welcome to the Community! 🙂

The refund time frame should not be 10 working days. Where are you seeing this calculation? Automated Clearing House time frames do vary by country, but I am not familiar with one where the time frame is 10 days. What country are you in?

You can learn more about the processing time for refunds in the Buyer's Guide to Refunds.

I hope this helps! If I'm missing something, please let me know and we'll get to the bottom of things. 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.