Invoice vs. Request Money

kendra_wiggins
Contributor
Contributor

Lately, I have been purchasing items from groups on Facebook.  I recently came across a problem that PayPal was unable to help me with.  

The seller sent me a Money Request.  I went thru all the usual steps: chose my shipping address, chose what payment source I wanted to use and then, sent the payemt.  The seller received my payment and shipped my item.  After several weeks, I contacted the seller on a Monday and asked what the status was on my shipment.  I was told that my item was delivered the previous Friday, which I knew it wasn't because I never got anything.  We troubleshot everything till we got to what address was provided to them from PayPal.  The seller was given the wrong address for me.  I contacted PayPal and they said that the Money Request was sent via a "third party" and they were unable to see all the information.  Needless to say, I never recieved my item.  

Since, I have continued to purchase items from the Facebook groups.  I have not ran across this problem...and I have decided it is because all the sellers have sent me an Invoice.  

I purchased something today from someone who sent me a Money Request.  I explained to that person everything that happened with the past transaction and they checked to see what address was given to them by PayPal.  This person told me that the email they recieved from PayPal said that I had sent my payment to them but there was "no address on file for me!!"

I've tried contacting PayPal but I can't seem to actually talk to anyone...and unless I want to file a claim against a seller, the online HELP option is hopeless.  

HELP!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.