How to pay separate transactions on paypal credit?

Rbj1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I recenently opened a paypal credit account and spent $200 on a gift card, and $119 on other things. I know that i won't have to make payments or pay interest up to six months on the $200 transaction because of their promotional deal but i will have to pay interest and such on everything else that has accumulated to be $119. Is there a way to pay just the $119 out of the total that i owe? The only pay options that i see are paying the minimum or paying everything at once.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

If your promotional offers (ex: no interest, no payments) are not expiring within the current or next billing cycle, then your payment would go towards any interest and or fees assessed to your account first. If you have yet to incur any interest and/or fees on your account, then that payment would be allocated towards your standard purchases.

I hope this helps!

-AshleyPHeart

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Rbj1,

Your minimum monthly payments are generally applied in the order below, depending on the financing options you selected for your online purchases, as applicable.

• Monthly plan payments on Easy Payment purchases.
  • Deferred Interest promotions expiring on the current due date.
  • Deferred Interest promotions expiring in the next billing cycle.
  • Interest, then fees.
  • Standard purchases and Cash Advances.

If you pay more than your minimum monthly payment, the excess amount beyond your minimum monthly payment (also known as "prepayment") will be generally applied in the following manner, as applicable:

• Deferred Interest promotions expiring on the current due date.
  • Deferred Interest promotions expiring in the next billing cycle.
  • Interest, then fees.
  • Standard purchases and Cash Advances.
  • Deferred Interest promotions expiring more than 2 billing cycles.
  • Easy Payments purchases
  • Activity that has occurred on your account since your last statement date.

The order in which we apply your payments was determined according to the Terms and Conditions of your account. The application of excess payment amounts beyond your minimum monthly payment was determined in part according to the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (Credit CARD) Act of 2009.

-AshleyPHeart

Login to Me Too

Rbj1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not too familair with all those terms so just to be clear, does this mean that what i pay now goes towards the purchaches that didnt have promotions? Please give a straight foward answer...

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_AshleyP

If your promotional offers (ex: no interest, no payments) are not expiring within the current or next billing cycle, then your payment would go towards any interest and or fees assessed to your account first. If you have yet to incur any interest and/or fees on your account, then that payment would be allocated towards your standard purchases.

I hope this helps!

-AshleyPHeart

Login to Me Too

JONDJ23
New Community Member

Ashley, I am in a bit of the same situation. I made a purchase of a total of $1700 on paypal credit using the bill me later. There is one due on Dec 22 of total of $550. It mentioned on the offer that no interest will be paid if paid in full. However I am only seeing minimum payment of $25. Do I just pay the $550 or the entire $1700? It'll probably be easier if you just tell me what to do. Also I don't want to pay any interest at all as these are high amounts. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.