How to cancel a payment scheduled to for after delivery?

dpaez85
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, the seller contacted me that the product that I bought is not longer available. My payment is set to pay after delivery, but for an specific date. How can I cancel the payment?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Billiard31
New Community Member
Would also like to know how to cancel a payment. I have an echeck set to clear February 13 but need to cancel it. Thank you
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Billiard31, and welcome to the forums to you, too!

Payments typically cannot be canceled. When the button is clicked to complete the payment, the agreement to fund the payment is made at the same time. The one exception to this is unclaimed payments.

My recommendation is to communicate with the recipient and request a refund.

I hope this helps! Let us know!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi dpaez85, and welcome to the forums!

If the seller has indicated that the product is no longer available, they should issue a refund. It sounds like you are already in communication with the seller, so a gentle reminder to refund your payment should be enough to get that taken care of. If the seller is uncooperative or non-responsive, you can open a dispute in the Resolution Center for an item not received.

Most sellers are good folks, so it may have just slipped their mind. 🙂

Please come back and let the Community know the outcome!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.