[HELP] What happens to the money refunded to a prepaid visa card?

xoxoconnieee
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, recently I've purchased something online, but they overcharged me for an item so refunded my money. However I paid with a prepaid visa card that was linked to my paypal, but when it says that the refund was completed on paypal, the refunded amount didn't show back up on my prepaid card when I check gowallet. Help me please. I really hope I didn't lose the money 😞

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Refunds back to cards (as long as they are reloadable) can take "up to" 30 days.

If the refund fails for whatever reason then normally the money bounces back to your paypal account balance. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Refunds back to cards (as long as they are reloadable) can take "up to" 30 days.

If the refund fails for whatever reason then normally the money bounces back to your paypal account balance. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xoxoconnieee
Contributor
Contributor
So if my card is non reloadable the refunded money will just go to my paypal balance instead?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It should bounce back to your paypal account balance yes, if it doesn't then contact customer services for a trace but you need to allow 30 days. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xoxoconnieee
Contributor
Contributor
Okay! Thank you so much! 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Happy   your welcome !

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xoxoconnieee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, it's been more than 30 days already, but i still haven't gotten it back in paypal balance 😞

Login to Me Too

Vinnyj

What ended up happening?

Login to Me Too

xoxoconnieee
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't gotten it back yet, it's been way more than 30 days already 

Login to Me Too

missdana

Same thing has happened to me. Used GoWallet.. Called them after Paypal said money was refunded. The GoWallet VISA support person said Paypal where lying and I had to start a recovery process that would take 90 days. When I asked why 90 days they hung up on me.  

Seems these gift VISA cards are a scam that one has no power to recover money.. Both parties say don't have and the other is lying.. Meantime I have seemingly been robbed by what I thought was a legitimate service. Cards openly sold in Harris Teeter food store. I thought I was safe.

It could also be another ploy (like holding seller funds) by Paypal to gain interest beyond the initial 6 days. It's a shame that we are in a world where the compainies we have to use to buy and sell, can not be trusted.

Did you manage to get your money?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.