Compliance Team

Firenza
New Community Member

I have been with PayPal for many years now and have spent well over £150000 with them and ebay. Everything was fine (apart from a continual flow of spam emails purporting to come from PayPal) until three weeks ago when, for no apparent reason, PP started holding up payments. Unfortunately, the first you know about this is a message telling you that it can't make a payment right now. I tried twice more and still had no joy. Then I get three emails telling me my payment is pending so contact the help desk and they work through it with me. Like others on here I sent proof of who I am and then waited. I get a message saying that they won't pay the lady for the single piece of Buick Riviera trim I'm trying to buy.

From then on, over half the payments I make go through and half get held up. It then happens again and I have three more payments pending for the same item - Petrol tank sealing paint. Contact them again and they sort it.

Now it's just happened again. This time it would accept a payment from a debit card, nor a credit card nor paypal. Again, three refused payments followed by three payments pending.

I ring the help desk and the guy tries to help, keeps me hanging on for around ten minutes then tells me it's with the Compliance Team and they'll get back within 24 hours. I feel something is going on here so ask to speak to the Compliance Team and I'm told I can't. I can't speak to the Compliance Team about MY account. This stinks. Is this how PayPal rewards loyal customers for all their business over the years?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.