For years I defended PayPal

CFRN
Contributor
Contributor

A loyal customer since 2010 who processess in excess of $500k per year, I wake up to find my account in suspended animation. For years I heard the horrow stories about PayPal and what a fool I was to do business with them. Honestly I was always treated like Royalty every time I called.

Until Tuesday. Out of nowhere - Wham.

Bills are bouncing, children are hungry, yet no one seems to care. 

Al long as I was kissing butt up until Friday afternoon, everyone was so polite. I then made it clear that I was taking my business to an actual processor and not merely an aggregator. You see folks, therein lies all you problems. 

You're not dealing with an actual processor. Peter Theil set out to change the world not destroy lives. I am taking my business to Elavon where I'm assured "in writing" that unless I actuallly do something wrrong, this will never happen to me again. Because my number of recurring payments are so high, I will literally be rebuilding my business from the ground up.

US Bank owns Elavon and they are an actual Processor. If you value the business you've worked so hard to build and your children are saying "Daddy, I'm hungry", may I suggest you take action sooner than later,

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

If you don't think it can happen to you, you're wrong. 

I wish you all the very best.

D Reeves

Founder CFRN

Est. 2005

ps/ If you need an attorney, let me know. I'm putting together a team that can recoup more than just my money. Paypal is currently in trouble with the US Government and honest business owners are paying the penalty.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why was your account suspended?  PayPal has to follow new gov rules and regulation to verify and ID accounts, basically background check accounts.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CFRN
Contributor
Contributor

I am aware. Documentation was requested in April. Said documents were supplied in April. However the "You Got a Problem" page would never go way when I logged in. I called them almost daily for a while. I was assured that I was a great customer and had supplied the proper documents speedily and soon that page would go away. Meanehile I was free to do business.

I was foolish enough to believe them. I wake up Tuesday to a frozen account, deactivated debit card and a littany of BS every time I called. Promises of return calls and emaild became as big a joke as the the term escalation.

I'm the host of an internationally syndicated radio program heard in 20 countries daily. PayPal will become my #1 Talking Point on Monday as I share the many horror stories that litter the Internet. The stories I never believed could possibly be true. I was so naive. I'm moving shop to an actual processor, one of the largest in the world... and I plan to make a whole lot of noise during the move. Not only am I moving my business, I will be encouraging my audience, (many small business owners as well) and those with consumer accounts to close their accounts and move with me.

I'm goitng to make it REAL LOUD.

Thank you for your post.

Blessings

DeWayne

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

where are you located and who have been sending you payments?from where and for what purpose?

Login to Me Too

CFRN
Contributor
Contributor

We are a global educatonal firm based in the US.

I suddenly realized this is a huge waste of all our time.

I salute the Volunteer Administrator. Very kind of you, but i have an entire radio netwrod to get this off my chest. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You said documents PAYPAL asked for were submitted in April and today is end of August.

You need to call somone higher up in the organisation  to find out what is taking them so long?

If I were you,I would not badmouth your payment processor until you find out the real reason why,with all that compliance with goverments on money laundering,anti corruption,anti terrorism,patriot act etc etc,there could be some legit reasons why Paypal did what it did.

Collecting what $500,000 from all over the world,there may just be a ??? here and there ,it could make you look bad .

Login to Me Too

CFRN
Contributor
Contributor

If there were only 1 Payment Procesor, or I was a thug, or had a crappy credit rating.... I would be on bended knee. Fortunately nono of the above are true. Let freedome ring and the truth shall set you free.

Thank you for your concern. It is appreciated.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@CFRN wrote:

If there were only 1 Payment Procesor, or I was a thug, or had a crappy credit rating.... I would be on bended knee. Fortunately nono of the above are true. Let freedome ring and the truth shall set you free.

Thank you for your concern. It is appreciated.

It may not be about YOU,it may be about the source of the 500,000 dollars coming into your Paypal account they are looking into.

Login to Me Too

CFRN
Contributor
Contributor

They are well aware of our business model and who our target client is. I'm quite familiar with the Patriot Act and I'm fully aware of the heat PayPal is under to keep their doors oipen. I hope they pass the test. Perhaps they should have been a little more careful with who they do business with up fromt and not punish those who make them honest money ($1`7k last year in fees) by putting someone with a 6 year history on the top of the stack and not the bottom.

Every supervisor I've spoken with regarding this matter has been kind, considerate, and helpful to the degree that the rules in place allow. HT to Brandon, Dusting and Michael. All 3 of you are not only gentlemen, but businessmen in the truest sense of the word. I pray you will be set free from the chains that bind you and that the American Dream also becomes yours.

I have been extremely blessed over the years and I wish the same for each PayPal employee I've come in contact with.

As for the Review Team, you should be proud to have men of this caliber standing between you and the angry mob dlowly filling the secrets. You are killing Peter's love child. 

Let us consider this discussion closed.

I need to focus on what lies ahead. I will not allow the past to dictate my future.

Best to all.

Login to Me Too

jceinc
New Community Member

I have been having issues with Paypal myself.  I have sent them government documents that show both my business and mailing addresses and my name and company.  What more proof do you need?  Now they are telling me that the business names do not match up, this after I told them I would be closing my account.  Everything I sent to you shows both names.  I am very frustrated and want to close my account, but they will not release my money.  The next stop for me is the Better Business Bureau.  By the way, I have been a customer since 2012.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.