Big unauthorized transaction

Hello, It seems like in the 5th of March someone used my account, or hacked into it, or something else, and substracted usd14 from it. It's a big sum of money, especially because i'm not from USA.

The "destination" is something called MyCommerce, Inc. Do you have any information about this? I remember buying some Steam games but it was long before that, and it costed me usd22.

It says I have bought a "EaseUS Todo Backup Hom", but I did not approve anything.

Please answer fast, I'm worried.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Pikaboicu
Contributor
Contributor

Oh my... That looks like one of those pop ups that look free but really aren't..

My husband was getting charged $14.95 a month for some kind of "Driver Defender" that checks for updated drivers automatically. DOPE! Drivers are FREE!

Anyway- If it were me, I would get a hold of that company and tell them you didn't buy anything from them and they best be reversing that charge. 

I'm not saying it isn't a mistake on behalf of PP- it's hard to know for sure but calling the company and making them reverse the charge might be the fastest way to handle it. 

You can also call PP customer service and get help there. The helpers & mods on this forum have no way to access your account transactions to verify/reverse anything.

Best of luck, CHEERS

Login to Me Too

No, it wasn't that, I don't remembering downloading any program like that, neither posting my Paypal account details somewhere, it was like someone used my account without my permission, or some virus.

Anyway, greetings for the response. I've sent a report in Paypal and now i'm trying to contact MyCommerce's support.

Login to Me Too

Pikaboicu
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, most of those "programs" are a virus..Smiley Frustrated

Hopefully you'll get a reply soon. If not you can always call PP. I've had to deal with customer service on the phone and they're very helpful. Hopefully nobody got access to your account but just in case, you might want to change your pw and check up on your transactions regularly until you're sure it's not been breached.

Good Luck- I hope you get it sorted soon. 

CHEERS Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.