Apple Pay

dealmstr1
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried to enter the PayPal Business Debit card into the Apple Pay system. The response Apple gave was as follows:

Your issuer does not offer support for this card.

I sent an email to PayPal. Their response was " If you are simply trying to add this card the the Apple Pay system, you will need to contact Apple Pay for further assistance.  "

Is this Catch 22?     Each says the other is responsible?

Anybody?

Dan

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @dealmstr1,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles that you're having. At this time it appears that the Apple Pay system is not compatible with the bank that issues PayPal's Business Debit Card. (Bancorp)

As Apple Pay is new, it's likely that there are other banks that are not fully compatible yet as well. I'm sure it won't be long before this is updated.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

dealmstr1
Contributor
Contributor

I had PayPal Customer Service for another issue.  I asked them about Apple Pay.  They did not have clue even about what Apple Pay was.  They told me to try again tomorrow.

Where does PayPal find their Customer Service reps?

Thanks for your answer. Obviously you know what you are talking about.

Dan     

Login to Me Too

mysoulishome
Contributor
Contributor

OK...Apple Pay is no longer new and 90% of banks support it. Paypal isn't a bank but for many of us you are our credit card processor and we spend OUR money using your debit card. Shouldn't we have other options on how to spend it?

Sorry, but not many businesses are accepting paypal mobile payments. Time to give up.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.