Accidental Refund

RichL09
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund from a seller that I bought a T.V. off of from ebay. What had happened was that the T.V. sent to me came broken. I reported to the seller and was sent a replacement T.V. that is working fine. Apparently there must have been some kind of miscommunication between the seller and other people working for them, because I was also sent a refund yeterday for the T.V. making it free. Of course I want to make things right so I contacted the seller and told them what had happened and that I would send them back the payment for the T.V. once it gets placed into my credit card account. I was wondering how long does it usually take for credit to be credited back to a credit card account from a refund? Also the way the seller wants to get the funds back sending me a new bill via paypal asking for the amount refunded. Will I be covered by paypal for that transaction if anything happens? I don;t think the refund can be stopped because it is marked as complete already...I'm just waiting for it to appear in my credit card statement before I decide to send payment back to the seller.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Refunds to cards can take up to 2 weeks.

As for the seller sending you an invoice ... should be OK.  For bookkeeping purposes, sending the invoice would probably keep their accountant happy verses simply sending the money back like it was a gift.

Login to Me Too

RichL09
Contributor
Contributor

Would the bill/invoice stay on my paypal and not expire for the next two weeks? I plan to give the money once I see that its credited back to my credit card even if it takes two weeks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.