Paypal does not link with CIBC??

kdesante
Contributor
Contributor

I have read some previous messages on this same issue which go back to 2014, and it still appears to be an issue- talked to the "help" line and they were no help but it does appear that paypal and CIBC, a major bank in Canada, cannot link to each other.  Just signed up for paypal to help a friend, certainly will not use it for anything else.  Not happy,not impressed.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi kdesante,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble adding your bank. There are many reasons we may not allow a bank, including if it isn't compatible with our system, if it's disabled or blocked through us, or if it's already on another PayPal account. I would advise calling us to see what's affecting this and to see if we can get it fixed!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kdesante
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

Hi kdesante,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble adding your bank. There are many reasons we may not allow a bank, including if it isn't compatible with our system, if it's disabled or blocked through us, or if it's already on another PayPal account. I would advise calling us to see what's affecting this and to see if we can get it fixed!

- Ashley M

Thanks Ashley- do you have a phone number for me to call for follow up?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey kdesante,

Definitely! You can click the link I provided above in blue that says "calling us" and it will take you to our contact page with the best number to reach us. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.