I am unable to add my Canadian bank account

problems2
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a member of paypal for many many years. I closed a bank account a while ago, and want to add my new one, for whatever reason I keep getting a message that I cannot add a bank account at this time.

I called pay pal 2 weeks ago and was on the phone with them for some time - they couldn't figure it out either.

I would like to get my money out of pay pal and have no way of doing so.

I dont even get the opton of viewing my old bank account to delete it.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Maisy888
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Problems2...I finally got my bank account added to my PP account.  I was on the phone with David #45422 for about 45 minutes last night, and he finally got it fixed.  He said it was because of security issues on PP's end.  Anyway...t

I told him I was going to refer him to anyone that needed help.  He laughed.  Anyway I hope you can get your bank account added to. 

Login to Me Too

Cheryl_Dee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for that telephone number - I'll be using it soon (read tonight!!! LOL).

@Maisy888 wrote:

Hi Problems2...I finally got my bank account added to my PP account.  I was on the phone with David #45422 for about 45 minutes last night, and he finally got it fixed.  He said it was because of security issues on PP's end.  Anyway...

I told him I was going to refer him to anyone that needed help.  He laughed.  Anyway I hope you can get your bank account added to. 

Login to Me Too

problems2
Contributor
Contributor

@Cheryl_Dee wrote:

Thank you so much for that telephone number - I'll be using it soon (read tonight!!! LOL).

@Maisy888 wrote:

Hi Problems2...I finally got my bank account added to my PP account.  I was on the phone with David #45422 for about 45 minutes last night, and he finally got it fixed.  He said it was because of security issues on PP's end.  Anyway...

I will be calling tomorrow - when I have a spare 45 minutes lol

Login to Me Too

problems2
Contributor
Contributor

@problems2 wrote:

@Cheryl_Dee wrote:

@Maisy888 wrote:

I will be calling tomorrow - when I have a spare 45 minutes lol

I was finally able to add my bank account after being on the phone with Pay Pal. As stated above it is a security issue at their end and they had to go through several steps and attempts to add it.

YAY! Happy to have it finally resolved!

Login to Me Too

Cheryl_Dee
Contributor
Contributor

This is wonderful ... because one member took the initiative to get a different number 3 of us were able to fix our problem!  YES!!!

Login to Me Too

jusgivithere
Contributor
Contributor

WHere is this phone number I do not see it?  They removed it or something?  Someone help

Login to Me Too

3firelegs
New Community Member

I am having the same issue with PayPal; my Canada PayPal account has been dormant for about 3 years and I have about 900 USD in it.  I do have a USA bank account in it but that account has been closed long time ago. 

I needed to add a Canadian bank account but I could not. 

I have been on the phone with customer service a few times but no one could tell me why I can't add a Canadian bank account.  

So I would really appreciate it if you could share the phone numbers with me for me to call.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.