Account Verification

master_yugi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've contacted paypal with a similar message of what I'll be sending you people and they answered 4 times with the following message, which I don't know why they cannot understand why they don't understand, I'll try and explain the best I can:

To prove my identity for my paypal account, I have to send one of the following: "To help us resolve this matter, please provide the following information: - A proof of identity. We accept the following documents: statement of CPP contributions from your Service Canada online account OR statement form your insurer (life, home, or auto) that contains your date of birth."

I am of legal age and considered an adult in Canada. The problem is, I have NONE of the documents they ask.

- I do not have a CPP contribution, I am too young for that and there are currently many better ways of investing money which renders CPP useless.

- I do not have a document for life insurance, I don't have one.

- I do not have a document for home insurance, I do not own a home, I live with my parents.

- I don't have a document for auto insurance, the car I drive is not insured under my name. I do however have a drivers license, which contains not only my name and my date of birth, but also my current address so payal can even further verify my identity, but when I tried sending them that, they  told me they do not accept it ? I have a hard time understanding why they cannot accept any other document (such as a driver's license) to prove my identity.

Sure, it's per Canadian law, but there are so many MUCH EASIER ways of verifying someone's identity, such as the SIN, a drivers license, or basically leave the choice of showing any document, or card, that has the name, the date of birth and also the address. Because of paypal's restrictions, I cannot verify my identity with them, and I don't understand why I couldn't do that. Square simply requires people to input their SIN to verify the identity, it's a VERY SIMPLE way of proceeding and takes seconds to confirm. I don't understand how, with the size of Paypal, they cannot simply do that.

Thank you, and I hope we can solve this problem ! 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

cindyyvel
New Community Member

I have the same problem

Login to Me Too

Lorenitz
New Community Member

Were you able to find a solution? I have the same problem you have. 

Login to Me Too

Itsfarad
New Community Member
Anyone had any luck with this yet? I am stuck with the same problem. I do have proof of insurance but only on paper, who in the world has an email copy of their insurance?! Paypal only accepts it in the email document form from them, I can't send a photocopy. This is getting frustrating as I have business transaction to do!
Login to Me Too

Ghazouz
Contributor
Contributor

How is this still not fixed? It's been over 5 months since this was posted. Honestly this is ludicrous. If PayPal are so keen on making simply things difficult for no reason then I will simply take my business elsewhere. 

Login to Me Too

dhdfoo
Contributor
Contributor

This is terrible.  PayPal is the worst.  They are certain to lose my business if they don't fix this problem.

Login to Me Too

Ghazouz
Contributor
Contributor
SOLUTION Hey everyone, I was able to speak to an actual competent rep who opened a case for me to explain the situation. Shortly after I received this email below: (notice that they gave me additional option for verification. Even if there's no drop down to select these options, just upload it and it should work) Also, you might need to open a case first before getting that exception. Dear XXXXXX YYYYY, We need your help with resolving an issue on your PayPal account. PayPal must verify the identity of individuals and business entities when certain products or services are provided, or when specified transaction levels are met. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Proof of Identity: ---------------------------------------------------------------- The document we received from you could not be accepted as a proof of identity. Please provide us with a valid document. What is a valid proof of identity? - A statement of CPP contributions from your Service Canada online account or - a statement of Participation in the Quebec Pension Plan or - a statement from your insurer (life, home, or auto) that contains your date of birth. - a yearly Notice of Assessment (Income Tax Return) - a Financial Statement or Student record from a registered Canadian College or University, that contains your date of birth. Note: The following information must be visible on the document: - First and last name - Date of birth Once we receive and review your documentation, we will notify you via email regarding the status of your account. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [it doesn't let me post the email but it's the compliance verifications email] Sincerely, Patricia PayPal Compliance Department PayPal
Login to Me Too

dhdfoo
Contributor
Contributor

Good to know they will accept a Notice of Assessment!  Or a QPP statement.  I might actually have electronic copies of those!

But why don't they just say so on their idiotic identity verification page?!?!?

Thinking I may close my account just on principle anyway.

Login to Me Too

myosis
New Community Member

I am SO EVER TIRE and DISCOURAGED with this account verification.  I tried so many times to comply and send papers and papers but they never ever accept anything I send. For example, they ask an insurance policy with my date of birth.  I have none.  Il have a home, car policy but they do not have my bith date.  Why Why there is NO Canadian equivqalent to what they ask.  I am afraid my account will be closed ant thers is nothing I ca do 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.