help!

Toon_Link_ww
Contributor
Contributor
i want a refund from someone i met on aliexpress they won't respond. i purchased a fake diamond sweater about 2 weeks ago and they haven't shipped and said they won't for 2 more weeks, and when i went to report the transaction it said i couldn't because i didn't purchase anything. also i sold something on ebay a month and a half ago and it used to say fund pending and now it just disappeared altogether and i can't find where I'm supposed to get my money. please help 😞
Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

TsufakTuna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You should open a dispute or claim with PayPal in order to proceed with getting a refund. Instructions on doing this can be found here. If you still need help, please contact PayPal customer support by phone here.

Toon_Link_ww
Contributor
Contributor
I've tried to open a case, but because it wasn't labeled as me buying anything, but a transfer of funds it won't let me. i guess when I'm not busy I'll have to call them. thanks.
Login to Me Too

TsufakTuna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Could you log into your PayPal account, then go to My Account and click on History. Tell me what it says there, and if it shows any transactions.

Toon_Link_ww
Contributor
Contributor
it says I've paid and the transaction was completed, and that the type was "sent payment". when i enter it and try to open a case in the resolution center it won't let me though because it says i didn't buy anything.
Login to Me Too

Toon_Link_ww
Contributor
Contributor
this is exactly what it said: "We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly." and the seeker will not respond to me after about 5 days, and over this period ice sent about 4 messages
Login to Me Too

TsufakTuna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure how you purchased the items, because in general the seller is supposed to request money via an invoice or a BUY button on the website.

Based off of other similar situations, responses from PayPal employees result to that conclusion - you can't file a dispute. If you funded the payment with a credit card (or some bank account issuers) you may be able to file a chargeback with the issuer.

Toon_Link_ww
Contributor
Contributor

so this guy basically just scammed me and paypal won't take any action to help me? i could send them the emails we shared or something.

Login to Me Too

TsufakTuna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Why did you send the money that way? Use BUY button or ask for invoice next time.

Toon_Link_ww
Contributor
Contributor
I've only used PayPal like 5 times, and this is the second time out of eBay. how was i supposed to know i shouldn't send him money for a product? is not my fault PayPal is so easy to scam new buyers on.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.