Using money I received, please help

JPeralta
Contributor
Contributor

I have a little bit of money i got sent on paypal and I want to use on google play. Can I spend without adding a card because I keep getting an error even though I have enough in my wallet with no card. If I do have to add a card, will a debit suffice? and will i be charged on the debit card with the purchase, or my funds on paypal?

I am a new user, for about a week or two. Yes, I verified my account. Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JPeralta

To use funds in your paypal account balance you normally need to verify your paypal account by linking a back up card.

If you add your card and verify it and have funds in your balance that are cleared and not pending AND in the correct currency then paypal would use those funds. However you can check what funding source is going to be used DURING checkout and make sure paypal are going to be using your balance. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JPeralta

To use funds in your paypal account balance you normally need to verify your paypal account by linking a back up card.

If you add your card and verify it and have funds in your balance that are cleared and not pending AND in the correct currency then paypal would use those funds. However you can check what funding source is going to be used DURING checkout and make sure paypal are going to be using your balance. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JPeralta
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@JPeralta

Cheers! Added a card and sorted it and just completed my transaction, thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.