spoof@paypal: alternate contacts

ccestlavie
Contributor
Contributor

I forwarded a phishing email to spoof@paypal.com and got an "access rejected" bounce-back saying I should "contact the intended recipient via alternate means." What other means is there?

My Mac's MxToolbox Monitor confirms that I'm "not blacklisted."

SMTP error from remote server for GREETING command, host: <removed>
554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending M
TA's poor reputation.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It looks like you are using some sort of MTA service for sending the email and that service has a bad reputation so any emails from it are rejected by PayPal.

Look at the header details of your sent email or the error to trace the route of the message.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It looks like you are using some sort of MTA service for sending the email and that service has a bad reputation so any emails from it are rejected by PayPal.

Look at the header details of your sent email or the error to trace the route of the message.

Login to Me Too

ccestlavie
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the original header information said that after it left my computer it was relayed through my domain’s sending mail transport protocol server, perfora.net. This gave my hosting company a “bad” reputation which, fortunately, cleared up later that day.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.