refund problem

Burntbread
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on ebay as a paypal guest as a result of the, pay with your paypal account, option not working. But ebay emailed me and said the item in question had been removed and the seller no longer had an account on ebay, and that my account had not been charged for the transaction. However, after accessing the account that I used to make the transaction I discovered that the money had been withdrawn. I asked the ebay comunity and they said that since paypal processes the payments made on ebay that the money was probably being held by Paypal and needed to contact them, but when I try going to the dispute center and asking for a refund I can't find the transaction listed, therfore they will not let me leave a message stating my problem or request for a refund, what should I do?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Burntbread

If you paid as a ''guest user'' then it won't show on your paypal account but you should have had an email with a reference number.

So give customer services a call and see if they will open a claim for you BUT they are tending now to tell you as you paid with a card to contact your card user direct and do a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can always do a chargeback with your credit card issuer.

somewhere I read Paypal has revised its policy,any guest who uses paypal to make payment is not covered by buyer protection,if so,then you need to file with your cc issuer.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

Thought that is what i said??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@kernowlass wrote:

@Whac-A-Mole

Thought that is what i said??

you said give Paypal a call,why call when he will be told he signed up as a guest and there is no protection for guest.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

No I said  >>

''Go give customer services a call and see if they will open a claim for you BUT they are tending now to tell you as you paid with a card to contact your card user direct and do a chargeback.''

No reason why they can't ring first ''in case'' paypal are happy to open a claim for them, they still do sometimes and if not then the second part that is underlined works.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Burntbread
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thanks guys thanks for your time, I appriciate your help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.