creating business account

CRK109
New Community Member

I've just begun selling on ebay and I'm told I need to set up a business account.  I have tried and tried and I keep getting this error message:

• We’re sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again.

No clue what I'm doing wrong.  Can someone please give me some advice here?  Thanks so much.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

rhonauk
Contributor
Contributor

I came across this problem today - 18 months after this thread was started!

Why on Earth hasn't this been fixed?! I'm plagued with requests to upgrade to Business and when I do I'm trapped in the perpetual loop of doom.

Login to Me Too

kiwichick
New Community Member

I just had the same problem and resolved it, am posting this in case it helps someone else who happens to be in a similar situation. 

I had a previous account while resident in another country (New Zealand), but have recently moved to the US. It isn't possible to change personal or business address except within a country, so I knew I needed to create a completely new account. 

The problem was, PayPal must have been using cookies on my browser and still thought I was in New Zealand. When I went to Paypal.com and scrolled way down, on the bottom right was a little New Zealand flag. I clicked that, changed the country to the US, and then started afresh with creating a new account (for the US). 

That led me through to a completely different menu, specific to the US, and registering the business account was successful at last.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

naizenitram03
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a fix?

Login to Me Too

bendempsey7

Use this link, helped me get back to my account.

https://www.paypal.com/businessexp/summary

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.