creating business account

CRK109
New Community Member

I've just begun selling on ebay and I'm told I need to set up a business account.  I have tried and tried and I keep getting this error message:

• We’re sorry, something seems to have gone wrong. Please try again.

No clue what I'm doing wrong.  Can someone please give me some advice here?  Thanks so much.

Login to Me Too
43 REPLIES 43

Dubliner
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. I'm having the same issue and it looks like I found the workaround. Stay tuned or follow @StephenDubliner

Login to Me Too

Dubliner
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. I'm having the same issue and it looks like I found the workaround. I posted it on my blog, hopefully it will unblock you. Cheers!

Login to Me Too

sdbernard
New Community Member

Thanks dubliner you are a diamond. BTW your link is a bit broken. Here's your link..

http://www.reasonline.net/2015/11/17/paypal-glitch/

Login to Me Too

iSlurpSyrup
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too... and the workaround which is in the link doesn't work. Here is my new thread on the issue:/t5/About-Business/Business-Account-Error-We-re-sorry-something-seems-to-have-gone/m-p/1028256#U1028256

I tried calling paypal but no answer. I live in New Zealand.

Login to Me Too

Remmond
New Community Member

Was getting the same error, phoned PayPal and here's the steps that fixed it:

1. Phone PayPal and have them downgrade your account back to personal (took about 15 minutes on phone, might be faster because you can just ask to do that) Not sure if this is required, you can try the following steps without downgrading and see if it works, reply to this message if it does
  2. Using Internet Explorer (suport person said chrome can sometimes be an issues)
  3. Logged out of PayPal and closed all PayPal pages (I just shut down IE after logging out of PayPal to make sure everything was closed)
  4. Go to the https://www.paypal.com webpage, if you're logged out you should see a set of links at the top left of the page: Buy, Sell, Send, Business... click on the Business link. If you're not logged out, go back to step 3.
  5. It will ask you for your paypal email address, then ask you to login (it may just ask you to login directly, support person said it varies) 
  6. Choose the upgrade option
  7. Answer the usual business related questions and hopefully it will complete the upgrade process without error

Thanks to the "PayPal business support person (was a lady)" for the help, sorry didn't get your name:  You rock.

Login to Me Too

iliaivanov
Contributor
Contributor

It doesn't work for me. I've tried with downgrade and new update.. and now I'm getting the same error again.

Login to Me Too

hamz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. How has paypal not found a fix?

Going to give up with this company soon

Login to Me Too

DesignEtch
New Community Member

I have the solution AND!! explination

I have just spoke to paypal and got it sorted in 1 call.

The business accounts are not for sole trader but for people with VAT number and a registered company name.

So if you try to set one up you will get stuck in this loop.

I asked them to downgrade my account from business to premier which is simler to business but with buy and sell fuctions.

They did this and i was back in ,y account within 1 min.

Hope this helps some of you.

Login to Me Too

evanmcginnis
New Community Member

YES!

This is the answer! If anyone is having this issue CALL Paypal and have them downgrade your account to a Premier or personal account. Basically you do not want a business account [at this time.]

Once Paypal downgrades your account you will not see this error anymore. You will however need to upgrade your account back to business through the website when prompted.

Don't let the operators at Paypal end the call before you have your account downgraded. The two operators I had spoken to left me with nothing and said they would pass it on to the techs, which basically means nothing if this has been going on since 2015.

Login to Me Too

FranklinHat

After weeks I finally found a workaround! Go to their "email us" page then click login. Works like a charm

hg.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.