Why is my balance going back to zero?

Vroomfundel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I did my first sales with a PayPal button on my site and I noticed some money showing up on my account. However my balance went back to zero, and I haven't done any explicit action to withdraw money from my balance.

I did some shopping, paying with PayPal - but then I matched the sums on my bank account statement with the ones on PayPal history and the amount hasn't been deducted.

I don't see any traces of this amount in history, and in my bank account statement. Where could it have gone?

Note to moderators:

A similar topic I posted earlier was deleted - please give me some feedback on what I'm doing wrong if you decide to delete this one too.

Thanks,

Stefan

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Stefan,

Login to your PayPal account, click on the "History" tab and then click on the "All activity (with balance)" option.  This will show your running PayPal account balance (in the right hand column) after each transaction and should make it easier for you to see how you arrived at your current PayPal account balance.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Vroomfundel
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Sandy, looks quite obvious now I know where to look for it 🙂

I still can't figure out what has happned though. There is a lot of data in this report so maybe I'm getting lost - I have transactions in three different currencies and this complicates things further - I have balance in two currencies (EUR & GBP), and I have 4 lines for each transaction that involves conversion.

Here is an exerpt from the report (in reverse chronological order, as it appears on paypal.com):

Type Name/Email Net amount Balance

Payment To<someone>-$38.00$0.00 USD
Currency Conversion (credit) To US DollarFrom British Pound$38.00$38.00 USD
Currency Conversion (debit) From British PoundTo US Dollar-£24.77 GBP£0.00 GBP
Transfer FromTransfer From£24.77 GBP£24.77 GBP
Payment from<someone>11.02 EUR11.02 EUR

... after that there are a number of payments that follow the same 4-line pattern, with numbers matching everywhere and end result being 0 balance.

Now what is the last line supposed to mean - isn't it the value of my PayPal balance after the transaction (expressed in the currency of the transaction)?
Now matter how I look at it, it appears that this balance simply disappeared  at some point. Maybe I've hit some PayPal snag with dealing with balances in multiple currencies? I can post the whole history if it's needed.

So, any advice is welcome, how should I proceed? Are there any further investigations I can do myself?

Also, is there a reliable way to contact support - other than phone? I've sent 2 emails already, none of which have been replied to.

Thanks,

Stefan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.