Why can't I upgrade my Personal PayPal Account to a Business Account?

pesobags
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everybody, 

I've been trying to upgrade my account to a business type so I won't be revealing my name and city when I give my youtube viewers the option to donate. I get redirected to the business sign-up page when I attempt to upgrade.... Enter my e-mail in that I want to use.... But then it sends me back to the Paypal homepage. What can I even do if it's not letting me start the process? There's no error message or anything... It's been a recurring problem on my end and customer support doesn't help.

Thanks in advance,

Pesobags

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your business information WILL be disclosed to potential buyers.

In the simplest form a sole proprietorship business will be your personal name.  This is what wil be displayed to buyers. If you want a non-personal name then you will need to register your business name first.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Your business information WILL be disclosed to potential buyers.

In the simplest form a sole proprietorship business will be your personal name.  This is what wil be displayed to buyers. If you want a non-personal name then you will need to register your business name first.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.