Regarding IRS report to Paypal

xtoned
Contributor
Contributor

"PayPal will track the payment volume of your account(s) to check whether your payment volume exceeds both of these levels in a calendar year:

• $20,000 USD in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in a single calendar year
  • 200 payments for goods or services in the same year*

If you cross the IRS thresholds in a given calendar year, PayPal will send Form 1099K to you and the IRS for that year early in the following year."
 - https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-does-paypal-report-my-sales-to-the-irs-will-i-receive...

As mentioned above, a seller is reported to IRS only if both above conditions are met in a calander year. So for this,the gross payment volume of 20,000$ will be calculated only for a calendar year according to the above statement. 

So let's say a seller has got paid 20,000$ in TWO years time (this would be from his first sale) and in the first year alone he recived more than 200 payments, would he be reported to IRS?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.