Paypal Credit balance payment showing as negative number

zsazn
Contributor
Contributor

I am not new to Paypal and Paypal Credit but this was the first time I looked at the statements and account activities really carefully. Here's the thing.

I saw a notification on the Paypal: Summary page that $35 is due as I made a purchase of $35 by using Paypal Credit before. On the same page this purchase of $35 is shown as "-$35". I understand it is a negative number because I used the credit. Then I made a $35 payment to Paypal Credit through my linked checking bank account and the balance of my checking bank account was deducted by $35.  After a couple days when I looked at the this page again, I found that the $35 balance payment to Paypal Credit is also shown as "-$35". I don't understand why this should be a negative number. Typically when you make a payment to a credit card when the bill is due, the payment you make is positive number on the next statement. Can anyone explain or help me understand this? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zsazn

Is the -$35 payment showing on the PayPal Credit account activity page or the PayPal account Summary page.  

If on PayPal Credit account page, then you paid $35 and the amount is a deduction of your PPC balance.

If you are seeing it on the PayPal Summary page, click on the transaction to reveal more details. It could mean that you made a payment so it is outgoing money and considered a deduction.  Not receiving money, represented by a + sign.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

zsazn
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker Thank you for the reply! Now I understand!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Aww, you're welcome. Smiley Happy  Have a good one.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Sharinawolmby30
Contributor
Contributor
Help me find my cash refund ok
Login to Me Too

Sharinawolmby30
Contributor
Contributor
When do i gonna recviec my cash refund
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.