PayPal Scamming Funds From Customers??

big_cam

Three months ago, I sold a small item to someone in Denmark. The buyer never received the item. Both eBay and PayPal knew it wasn't my fault... the buyer's Customs Office returned it to me due to unpaid VAT.

PayPal/eBay refunded the buyer HALF of his payment and held the rest for nearly three months until they finally relented and issued a full refund to the buyer. The first thing PayPal did was debit my account for the full amount. I spent countless hours communicating with eBay and PayPal, demanding they give the buyer's money back. It was one of the most frustrating/irritating ordeals I've ever been through. I'm thoroughly convinced that the corporation(s) would have happily stolen the buyers funds. To top all that off, eBay kept demanding that I contact eBay Germany (the eBay website used by the buyer) but the agent assigned were either thoroughly incompetent or were instructed to lie, cheat and steal.

I'm still steaming about it. I closed my eBay store, cancelled my monthly subscription and ended all my listings. After PayPal FINALLY refunded the buyer properly, I began selling again. However, I don't know if I'll EVER open another eBay store or buy another monthly subscription.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with eBay and/or PayPal?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Acarbajal
New Community Member

Ebay and paypal are the most horrible companies with customer service, i got money taken out of my bank acct that was attached to paypal from a person that do not know at all, then i called papay and they blamed me saying that it was my fault. How int he **bleep** are they going to let thiefs make transaction and then blame me? To **bleep** with this companies do not reccomend them at all, dont walk run, fly from them.

@big_cam wrote:

Three months ago, I sold a small item to someone in Denmark. The buyer never received the item. Both eBay and PayPal knew it wasn't my fault... the buyer's Customs Office returned it to me due to unpaid VAT.

PayPal/eBay refunded the buyer HALF of his payment and held the rest for nearly three months until they finally relented and issued a full refund to the buyer. The first thing PayPal did was debit my account for the full amount. I spent countless hours communicating with eBay and PayPal, demanding they give the buyer's money back. It was one of the most frustrating/irritating ordeals I've ever been through. I'm thoroughly convinced that the corporation(s) would have happily stolen the buyers funds. To top all that off, eBay kept demanding that I contact eBay Germany (the eBay website used by the buyer) but the agent assigned were either thoroughly incompetent or were instructed to lie, cheat and steal.

I'm still steaming about it. I closed my eBay store, cancelled my monthly subscription and ended all my listings. After PayPal FINALLY refunded the buyer properly, I began selling again. However, I don't know if I'll EVER open another eBay store or buy another monthly subscription.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with eBay and/or PayPal?

Login to Me Too

I'm still steaming about how my transactions get withheld for 21 days after I manually enter customer info and card info for everything over $500 per month when it's not my fault that all 4 of the black triangle card readers I've received have suddenly stopped working. But yet they take their interest payment immediately while I'm stuck waiting on my money for three weeks. It's not like my customers have to wait for it to be shipped to them. They buy it from me in person and walk away with the product in hand!! I've never had any bad feedback or disputes in 3 years of business and yet here I am with bills to pay and products long gone still waitin for them to "Release" my funds.
Login to Me Too

I'm still steaming about how my transactions get withheld for 21 days after I manually enter customer info and card info for everything over $500 per month when it's not my fault that all 4 of the black triangle card readers I've received have suddenly stopped working. But yet they take their interest payment immediately while I'm stuck waiting on my money for three weeks. It's not like my customers have to wait for it to be shipped to them. They buy it from me in person and walk away with the product in hand!! I've never had any bad feedback or disputes in 3 years of business and yet here I am with bills to pay and products long gone still waitin for them to "Release" my funds.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.