New to Paypal and lost

Cttncandyheart
New Community Member

Hi,

I am new to Paypal and have some questions. I made a Paypal account because I am going to be selling some things on an app called Depop. I understand now that my account on here has to be linked to Depop in order to receive money from buyers and that I need to link my card to my account in order to receive money as well from buyers.

My questions though are: Am I supposed to have a certain balance in order to actually be able to receive money from buyers and do I have to upgrade my account to a business account in order to receive money from buyers?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

You don't need any balance in PayPal, but since you'll be receiving payments selling things it would be best to make the account a business account, and also make sure to add and verify both a bank account and a credit or debit card.  This will lift the majority of any limits that could potentially come up with sending or receiving payments to a new account.

There is a chance when first getting started that some of your received payments could be held temporarily until you provide tracking info that shows an item was delivered.  In the case of services, make sure you don't require a shipping address on the payment and you can avoid that issue.  It could still be temporarily held for other reasons, which is just something that can happen with fresh accounts, but after a few sales without any disputes / chargebacks from the buyer that should go away (if it happens at all.)

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.