My account will only allow $100 a month?

Fashion76
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

paypal is only allowing me $100 a month and Ive been with thme for 6 months, im a business and have a website where I get orders daily.  I cant have my funds held for 21 days.  I also have Square on my website that accepts credit cards.  Im thinkig of taking paypal off until they get me full access.  Ive requested and increase every month only to be denied.  I have had no claims agaianst me. Any advise?   I hate calling paypal usually I get someone I can't understand.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

First, you CAN have your funds held for 21 days; you must go along with PayPolicies.

You need to analyze your PayPal transactions and evaluat the risk to PayPal.  When selling, you need to add online tracking to show delivery; that's the first thing to do.

When risk increases, PayPal can even hold funds longer.

Here's some information holds; you need to understand the rule.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#holds-limitations

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Taking PayPal off won't make PayPal will give you full access to the money.  It may even prolong it.  They review accounts periodically and based on your selling performance and at their sole discretion will release you from the hold regimen.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-being-held-for-21-days-faq3236

On this page, it will explain the reasons for the hold and what you can do to release your funds quicker until they release you from the 21 day hold program.

Of course, you are free to not use PayPal and stick with Square instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Fashion76  Actually, calling them may be the best choice for you.  You've had a business using them for 6 months.  Perhaps they have issues with the security of your business web site, who knows, it could be any one of a number of reasons.  As for getting a representative who you can understand, try calling during normal working hours and if the person who answers is hard to understand, politely tell them that and ask for someone else to speak to.  PayPal is not paying either their people or a 3rd party support company for poor language quality for telephone support.

When you said your $$ was being held for 21 days, that's standard fare for new members on other online venues, it almost sounds like eBay along with your $ 100.00 sales limit.  ... maybe PayPal knows that new businesses need time to grow and nirture, eBay does, that's why they set limits. ... anyway, wishing you the very best in your sales efforts and hope you can get the limit resolved.

Login to Me Too

Fashion76
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you I think I do need to call. I just added this to my website I think 2 months ago because when I first got paypal they told me I would have a hold, unfortunately when I get money in I use it to replace merchandise. Thank you for your time
Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Fashion76

@Fashion76 wrote:
Thank you I think I do need to call. I just added this to my website I think 2 months ago because when I first got paypal they told me I would have a hold, unfortunately when I get money in I use it to replace merchandise. Thank you for your time

You are more than welcome.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.