Massive problem with IPN

Panadu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

since the first week in July wie habe massive problems with the IPN service from paypal.

Sometimes paypal sends no "item number" and "item name" with the IPN message to our server.

This ist with 10-15 % ob orders at the day.

Our system cannot check the payment status without the item number and so the customers wait for their order.

Paypal says, we can only send back to your server , what you send to us. BUT in my paypal account i can see all transaction details like item number and item name. So why paypal send us no information?

has anyone a idea what is the problem and how can i solve it?

Thank you and regards

Panadu

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

pp2017acc
Contributor
Contributor

Check for item_name1 and item_number1 🙂

Login to Me Too

Panadu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

for the first. I thought you will kidding me, why should paypal change the variables.

i tried this with item_number1  and must see, paypal is a ****** **bleep******. Why they change the variable names????

Even if the item_number is empty, item_number1 is filled.

Thank you for your help.

Panadu

Login to Me Too

ppblr
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue and changed my script to compensate, but overnight I am now seeing that the 'txn_type' field has changed from 'web_accept' to 'cart' on the orders that have this issue. I have never used cart so should not be seeing a 'cart' response. 

I contacted PayPal a couple of days ago but have had no reply yet. I noticed that other posts are appearing with the same issue.

If anyone gets a response from PayPal then please let everyone else know.

Login to Me Too

ppblr
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE 

PayPal have now responded to the issue saying they are aware of the problem and are working to fix it.

Login to Me Too

ppblr
Contributor
Contributor

This looks to be resolved now. PayPal have replied confirming that they have fixed the issue and I haven't seen any incorrect IPN details today.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.