Holding Funds

vintagespin
Contributor
Contributor

Why is PayPal holding my funds? I have call and requested a supervisor and can't get an answer on why this weekends payments to me have been placed on hold and that the funds will be released in 7-21 days,  WHY!!!! PayPal can not give me an answer on why they decided to hold my money!

I have an excellent eBay rating and a power seller. Customer service treated me like I'm some criminal after 15 years of paying fees and zero issues. They could not answer my question, their solution was that I would eventually get it in 7-21 days!

Why every one of my sales are being placed on hold and why I'm being penalized no customer service rep could give me an answer.

PayPal customer service is a complete failure. Scary that they don't know why a account is on hold. Will never hold money in my PayPal account again.

Vintagespin!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If these are Ebay transactions,it could be Ebay which is asking Paypal to hold the fund?

Are these highticket items,risky items ?

have you been away ,or are you selling outside your normal price range?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-from-a-sale-on-ebay-on-hold-faq1377

Could apply to new and veteran sellers.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

vintagespin
Contributor
Contributor

I've been with eBay and PayPal for over 15 years. What is the most troubling to me is that PayPal has no explanation on why my funds are being held, they trully don't know and are not willing to do anything about it. eBay told me that they are not holding them and PayPal refused to do a three way call to try to correct the issue. I have perfect ratings with both parties and over the years have done over 100k in sales!

Imagine going to your bank and being told that your money is on hold and the bank has no answer to why. The only comment you get is that you'll get it in 21 days. The lession from this is that I will no longer have a paypal ballance, but instead will empty my account after each transaction. I will not keep my money with an organization that can't explaine it's actions.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

when we sign up for Paypal,we allow PAYPAL to ask for a  credit report on us,they dont bother with small sellers who sell from home,but they do check with established retailers .

They also have access to database of retailers or ex retailers who closed shop,did not pay their vendors and sell the goods online and deny access to the merchant account providers to debit their bank accounts when they lost chargebacks.

Login to Me Too

vintagespin
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a small seller that sells vinyl records from home as a hobby. Why can't paypal offer me an explanation on why they chose to hold my funds from seven different buyers (some that have purchased from me before) without an explanation. this is truly in error on their part and I'm the victum. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

does any of your buyer file dispute recently?

Or it could  be a policy change,give buyer more time to examine what they bought .

Or Paypal is having  cashflow problem extending credit here and there and everywhere?  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.