Fees

annvickim
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a place I can go and learn about Pay Pal fees or if you can tell me in your response the basic information I am needing on fees.

I have set up a Non-Profit in order to pay bills and accept donations through the Pay Pal account.

What can I expect as far as fees that will be charged to the Non-Profit for doing accepting payment?

Also, do I need to set it up any differently?  It is called the Lone Star Parkinson Society LLC.

Money will only be exchanged within the US.

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Unless you're a registered 501(c)(3) organization, PayPal charges the standard fee (2.9% + $.30 on the total amount of each transaction).   As raising funds for personal reasons is permitted make sure that you keep accurate records because fundraisers that are not verified nonprofits will be asked to demonstrate how their donations will be used, once they raise more than $10,000.   There's some helpful info here.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Unless you're a registered 501(c)(3) organization, PayPal charges the standard fee (2.9% + $.30 on the total amount of each transaction).   As raising funds for personal reasons is permitted make sure that you keep accurate records because fundraisers that are not verified nonprofits will be asked to demonstrate how their donations will be used, once they raise more than $10,000.   There's some helpful info here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.