American in Cambodia

Spike3384

Hello, so I am an American living in Cambodia, and I only receive my payments via Paypal with my new online job. Since I am in Cambodia, it says I can only send money, but this is a problem seeing as how this is my only source of income. My questions are 

1: I created this account in Cambodia, if I have someone log into my account in the USA will the funds appear then, or will I need to have them create a new account in the USA in order for me to be able to use it?

2: If my employer has already sent the payment, and I delete my account in order for my email address to be used to create a new USA Paypal account, will that payment show up after or just be stuck in cyberspace?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spike3384

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

However in Cambodia you are right in saying you can only send and not receive or withdraw funds.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

You can't open a U.S account if you are not living in the U.S. However you can ''send'' funds via paypal worldwide so you could send the funds to a family members paypal account and they could withdraw the funds and pay them into your bank account for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you delete your Cambodian account so you can reuse your email address for US  Paypal account,

first you are not in USA,second,Paypal keeps records of deleted account,so you may not be able to reuse the email address to open anothe account.

I would do as the other suggested,send the money to someone you trust and have them remit to you in Cambodia.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.