"Pay with bank account, credit or debit card" Is not showing up

kmecpp
Contributor
Contributor

I have a client whose having trouble purchasing an item because instead of the usual "Pay with a bank account, credit or debit card" option, they are only able to pay with a paypal account or create one. Does anyone know the reason for this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

This depends on the integration method used to enable PayPal payments on the site.

If Payments Standard (basic buttons / forms) is being used, then the experience users see during a PayPal checkout varies based on local browser cache/cookies.  If any user at any time has logged into a PayPal account using the browser, then PayPal's site will assume that user will always want to login to pay, and that's the experience they will show them.  That said, there should still be a small link on that page that says "Don't have a PayPal account?" and that could be used to get back to the other experience.  

If you can't find that or just want to get the full "guest checkout" option back, then you can clear the browser cache/cookies, or you can use a different, clean browser for the time-being.

If the site has PayPal Express Checkout APIs involved, then they could be specifying what experience the user should see within their API requests.  This is unlikely, as most people would only specify anything if they want to force the guest checkout experience at all times (which is only possible with Express Checkout) but it is possible.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

oldspartan
New Community Member

I have a guy from Nederlands with this (or a similar issue). He only gets the option to use credit cards to pay but wants to pay via bank account. So there should be a link that get him back to the full options? It says "Don't have a paypal accoutn" or "Guest Checkout"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.