"Get Paid" merchant fee increase

benpaul12
New Community Member

About a month ago I applied for the "get paid" merchant fee decrease, as I was trading well above $5,000 NZD per month. This entitles me to drop to 2.9% + 45 cents from the standard 3.4% + 45 cents.

The application was approved and for about 3 or so weeks I was enjoying the lower fees. I also enjoyed a PayPal account turnover of about $7,000 NZD.

Then I noticed my transactions on the 1st of May returned to 3.4% + 45 cents.

Now I am very very annoyed.

Talked to the customer service reps about it on the phone, took about 15 minutes to identify my account, then another 15 arguing about the fact my account CLEARLY makes more than the cut off limit. Then I get transferred to the department who might be able to help and the call gets cut off because it is out of hours.

Now I am very very angry.

I have sent an email to the merchant team, so hopefully I will get some help and a refund of the fee errors.

This is more a heads up for the rest of the community while I wait for my issue to be resolved. Be prepared for PayPal to change their merchant get-paid fees without notice, despite the fact you might be bringing in a whole lot of money. Also, be prepared for customer service agents who will argue at how much money your PayPal account turnsover. 

GRRR.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.