need help creating more than one shipping profile

trying1000
Contributor
Contributor

It seems PayPal allows only one shipping profile, is this correct?  That is, that you can have only one shipping amount. I want to sell more than one kind of item and thus I need the ability to have more than one shipping charge, because the items will ship different ways.  I have had my existing shipping profile for self-published documents for many years now, so I am faimilar with the pages on which it is set up.  The language of the pages seems to hint that more than one profile is possible, but each time I attempt to do it, it modifies my existing profile, which of course I do not want to do. If I am incorect in assuming PayPal doesn't allow more than one shipping profile, then I need careful help in understanding their language, which is very confusing and unclear.  Anyone help?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Assuming you have a US PayPal Account  (Premier or Business Account), you can setup multiple shipping methods. 

Login

Select Profile

Select My Selling Tools

Under Shipping My Items

Look for Shipping Calculations

Select Update

On the Shipping Calculations page

Look for the "Add Another Shipping Method" link

Create your new method and save.

If you need more help, check out this desktop guide:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/developer/docs/pdf/pp_websitepaymentsstandard_integrat...

Login to Me Too

trying1000
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I apprecaite your answering, but I did exactly what you said, and it overrode my booklet settings!  Argh!  Now I have to go and re-set those up, as well as find a way to make the new thing work...

Login to Me Too

trying1000
Contributor
Contributor

...and now I can't get the form to work for the old settings.  I keep getting an error box telling me the upper range (quantity) is lower than the lower range, but it is not. 

Login to Me Too

trying1000
Contributor
Contributor

I had to choose "13 and up" to get it to work.  That's not what I want however.  One more thing.  I think I may have got my new shipping profile added, but now how does my new button tell the difference between the old button for my booklets and the new button for my parts?

Login to Me Too

trying1000
Contributor
Contributor

...and why is the name for each profile identiified by the shipping method?  You can't use Priority Mail for more than one profile?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Do you have a US Account?

Login to Me Too

trying1000
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, a U.S. account. I am very frustrated.
Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest opening a Tech Support Ticket.

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/home

We've helped a lot of folks setup their Profiles in the past, unfortunately have not seen this particular issue.  You need someone to look at what's going on.

Login to Me Too

trying1000
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. I'll look into this. I have been reading the user guide but it is tough going...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.