Micropayments w/ premier or business or either??? How??

jrod210
Contributor
Contributor

How does one apply for micro payments if they have a premier account?

I have read several really old posts refering to a link on paypal-labs.com but both the link and the "apply now" link on the fee break out take me back to customer support and it dead ends again.

Does anyone know if I need two accounts to accept micropayment and larger payments? Can I link both accounts to one Ebay account?

If I have a premier account - is it the same as a business account? (I ask because if I click business it link me to my PayPal account)

Sorry for the many questions just frustrated with CS and getting no here online - Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The use of micropayments requires a new business account in addition to the account you currently have (premier or busienss).  See this info:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_micropayments.html

The difference between premier accounts and business accounts.  Basically premier accounts are for occasional sellers who want to be able to accept credit card transactions.  With a premier account, when the customer on a PayPal checkout screen, they will see your email address.  If you send an invoice, they will see your email address and name.

With a business account, the customer sees your business name or business graphic logo on the checkout screens and invoices.  Business accounts also offer a feature called Multi-User access where as you can assign other people associated with your business user names, passwords and specific permissions for access to your PayPal Account.  In most cases, if you are a registered business, you go with a business account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The use of micropayments requires a new business account in addition to the account you currently have (premier or busienss).  See this info:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_micropayments.html

The difference between premier accounts and business accounts.  Basically premier accounts are for occasional sellers who want to be able to accept credit card transactions.  With a premier account, when the customer on a PayPal checkout screen, they will see your email address.  If you send an invoice, they will see your email address and name.

With a business account, the customer sees your business name or business graphic logo on the checkout screens and invoices.  Business accounts also offer a feature called Multi-User access where as you can assign other people associated with your business user names, passwords and specific permissions for access to your PayPal Account.  In most cases, if you are a registered business, you go with a business account.

Login to Me Too

jrod210
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!! It is greatly appreciated!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.