CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile without an associated payment

pthq
New Community Member

I'm working with Recurring Payments and all I want is this:

1. The user clicks an "authorize" button on my site
  2. They are taken to paypal, where they confirm but don't have to pay anything yet
  3. I get the recurring payment's PROFILEID, TOKEN, or whatever I need so that I can charge them at the end of the month if necessary.

I'm completely lost and the documentation is not helping. Can anybody point me in the right direction? This has been going on for weeks and I have so many questions that I don't even know which ones to ask.

We tried using Reference Transactions initially but PayPal won't approve our account for Reference Transactions since we don't yet have 90 days of history with them (it's needed for the functionality of our site....go figure). Talking on the phone with them, they said we can get approved for Reference Transactions -- maybe -- if we put up another one of our businesses' PayPal account as collateral. We don't like the idea of this, and they suggested using the Billing Agreement button, so we were looking in to that.

The button won't work for us because (1) we need to be able to send bills out automatically, not manually inside PayPal's site, and (2) we need to know automatically whether a user has approved the billing agreement.

So we're dealing with the Recurring Payments API now.

Is what we want even possible??? It doesn't sound like such a tall order...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As this forum is not really technical, you may have better luck asking/searching the Developer Forum however, I see you have already done so.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17412353/createrecurringpaymentsprofile-without-an-associated-pay...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.