Unclaimed Payment

heavencp19
New Community Member

Someone sold an Iteam of mine shes insisting she transfered money into my paypal acct. She says it says unclaimed i have checked my paypay acct there is no record or the transaction. Im new to paypal am i suppose to b looking somewhere else to claim money ? then my paypal acct where am i suppose to look? Shes not helping me

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As you have no record of the transfer and she says the funds are unclaimed, the only possible reason would be that she used the wrong email address or perhaps miss typed your address.   From your side, there's nothing you can do.  She can cancel the unclaimed payment from her account, then resend to the correct email address.  If she does not cancel the payment, after 30 days, an unclaimed payment is automatically canceled and the money is returned to the sender.

To cancel an unclaimed payment:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click History.
  3. Click Cancel under Order Status/Actions.
  4. Click Cancel Payment next to the unclaimed payment.

Note:

• A payment is automatically cancelled if the recipient doesn’t accept it within 30 days.
  • If you paid with a credit card, it can take up to 30 days for a refund to appear on your card statement.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.