Transaction lost - money sent but not received

ChimeraSoft
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have a verified business account in good standing. I sell software, automated with IPN and PDT. I have completed ~1500 automated transactions so far over 3 years.

Today I had a successful sale, then a few hours later another sale - which has issues. I can see the customer landing on my post-purchase thank you page (return URL). There is also a transaction ID in the url.

Hours have past since, but I have yet to receive an IPN callback for this transaction. Also I cannot find this transaction in my paypal summary. My balance hasn't changed since the previous successful transaction. I didn't receive money, I have no records about the transaction. The only proof of the transaction is my website's access log that shows the call to the return page. (but no IPN)

This is 99% probably NOT a scam, it seems to be a legit transaction that has not been credited on my side for some reason.

The customer contacted me and asked why he hasn't received the product yet. I asked him to check the transaction on his side because this transaction does not exist on my side. There is no reply yet.

The PP's "report a problem" feature is also 100% useless, I cannot even ticket such a case.

If someone can help me from PayPal, I can provide a transaction ID and the buyer's email.

Thanks

edit: eBay is not involved. I have NOT received any emails from PP.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

biologix
Contributor
Contributor

We are also receiving payments 5 to 6 hours delayed. What's going on? Clients are calling that they have already made payment and we are not receiving nofitications for few hours. Please resolve ASAP.

Login to Me Too

SoleAg
New Community Member

Same here. I'm getting notifications from Ebay and states payment was made via Paypal, but Paypal summary is not showing the transactions taking place. Can't ship anything in the meantime. Ugh.

Login to Me Too

JohnnySweet
Contributor
Contributor

I guess they are still working on something that would take any ITT a small amount of time: Here is the thing, your Item sells and right away you get a notice to PRINT LABEL and if you don't check with PayPal it could very well be that they did not pay as yet. Lucky for me i double check as i am tired of LOOSING MONEY!

About a month ago we at my Condo we had our Postal Clerk Retire: During this first week of Feb. 2016 there were NEW POSTAL CLERKS everyday. I take time to wrap my packages nicely, pay for my LABEL with Ebay, get a confirmation number then two days later i see that the tracking number wasn't at the USPS TRACKING SITE.

I was told by EBAY that I HAD NO TRACKING NUMBER? HUH. Ebay made no investigation and I did have the label made and shipped as at that time i had 49 straight POSITIVE FEEDS and all of a sudden my packages are not registering with the USPS tracking system. So i feel that EBAY/PAYPAL should launch an INVESTIGATION with the USPS and Investigate the CLERKS that WORKED DURING THE FIRST WEEK OF FEB. They don't investigate and now i was out approx. 27.00 Ebay says I LOOSE so where is the seller protection.

I wrote to the Post Master Gen and they don't care either

@ramovan wrote:

I've got the same problem here.  Our website says we received the money but it is not listed in the paypal transactions.  I did call the Paypal business number and was told this is a known issue that is being worked on now.  Transactions will eventually show up but there is a long delay.  I added myself to the existing ticket and was told they are working on this as a very high priority problem.  Just some FYI here guys.

Login to Me Too

jvirg138
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, A family member sent money and received a visual confirmation on screen but never got an email and activity is blank. 

Please help

Login to Me Too

Leababes
Contributor
Contributor

I have had same thing happen today and still no money sent to account frustrating I can't ship the item without payment although it says paid via ebay PayPal have no transaction of it at all absolutely disgusted I am known for my fast shipping and good customer service of only PayPal thought the same of us need to get your act together!!!

Login to Me Too

RMSMerch
New Community Member

Unfortunately, having the same issue here.  At least four buyers who received payment confirmation from PayPal, including transaction ID numbers, but no funds or reference to those transactions in my account.  All of these payments were sent using a PayPal-generated "Buy Now" button.  

Buyers report that they have recieve the payment confirmation (and provided me with screenshots) but the funds have not yet left their account(s) on the buyer side.  

Six of the transactions came through as usual.  Weird mix of normal vs. hung-up transactions.

Login to Me Too

16-5-98
New Community Member

same issue ebay states i have been paid but no change to my paypal account, was on the phone for over an hour

listening to some garbage tunes, with no joy  i had to hang up.

Please get this issue sorted PP as i have sold items to post.

Login to Me Too

ghrant
New Community Member

Add me to the list as well. Ebay states a buyer paid for my item today at around 3:30PM Pacific. but no transaction is showing in my Paypal payment list. 

Login to Me Too

NJMatt007
Contributor
Contributor

I just received the payment into my account for a eBay tranaction that the person sent the payment at 10:05AM EST. It is 8:00EST here.

The worst part about this? PayPal has even sent a notification that they are having this problem this or a post on the PP site!!  Wake up PP, that is a poor way to conduct business by not letting your users know what is up & leaving them to hang in limbo .

Login to Me Too

thewalkingfans
Contributor
Contributor

I've been on hold for an hour, worried about the same issue.

I have a business account in good standing.  I made a balance payment for a significant sum.  My balance was affected, but the payment is not in my activity, I did not receive an email confirmation, and my payee did not receive the payment!!

I am receiving my merchant payments, but my outgoing sent payment isn't working.  However, the amount was removed immediately from my balance.

Still on hold, hoping for a solution.  This is very upsetting.

Aaron

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.