Switched PayPal Optional ON, still no credit card payment without PayPal account

Hunnenkoenig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We use the PayPal API to manage payments.

We have a verified US business account without Limits. We have "enhanced recurring payment" option enabled.

Still if I switch the "PayPal Account Optional" ON under my selling tools, the user is always asked to create a paypal account.

First I see two options:

- Pay with PAypal Account

- Pay with credit card or Bill Me Later.

When I click the second one, a new part opens up with credit card fields and tabs like "bill me later" and "prepaid debit card", but the button at the bottom always say "Agree and create account" not "review and continue"

What do I do wrong?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just some thoughts as to why the Credit Card Option may not be available to your customers.

*  You are using Express Checkout.   Express Checkout requires a PayPal Account
*  You are using the wrong email address or an unverified email address.
*  The country you reside in.    Not all countries have all the PayPal features available.
*  The country your customers reside in.    Not all countries have all PayPal features available.
*  The IP address of your hosted site is on a blocked list.

Last, you have your PayPal Account setup properly but, still don't see the Credit Card Option or only see a small link to the Credit Card Option.

It's all about the cookies.   The PayPal Screens are designed to be displayed in a specific way and what you see is based on the cookies and/or your PayPal Account configuration.

PayPal relies on the use of cookies to track what's in your cart and retain other info about you and therefore the screen that is displayed may not be the screen you expect to see.   If you are a new customer visiting PayPal for the first time, the Credit Card Option will be clearly displayed.

If this is your second or third visit to PayPal and your previous cookie has not expired, PayPal now views you as a returning customer.   You will get a screen with a small link to the Credit Card Option.   Although this is not as obvious to the customer, the Credit Card Option is still available.   For example, the cookie that holds the cart info will retain that info for up to 21 days.   The only way it will change is if you remove the items selected from the cart or delete the cookie.

If you are testing your web pages, creating new code or making changes, etc., simply delete your web browser's cookies, temp files and history, then close your web browser, reopen it and try your web pages again.   When you view the PayPal Screens, you will now get the screen with the Credit Card Option because PayPal views you as a new visitor.

Other reasons for deleting cookies.   Let's say you changed your business email address or business graphic logo.   If you don't delete the cookies, temp files and history before you test, you will still see the old information.

As last thought, if you're still having issues, suggest contacting Merchant Support:

https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/home

And you can always visit the Developer Forum:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/paypal

Login to Me Too

Hunnenkoenig
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately it doesn't help me.

My paypal account is a US account.

I log in from the US.

I deleted all cookise, so I am a completely new visitor for PayPal.

I still can't see the CC option.

It always asks me to create an account.

Is there something that must be done in the API to get this?
I switched ON the optional radiobutton, but maybe it must be set in the API somehow...?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Give us a link so we can see.

Login to Me Too

Hunnenkoenig
Contributor
Contributor

http://bit.ly/YJONUu

You need to be registered and logged in to see the ordering buttons and make payments.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, sorry can't test if that's the case.

Suggest contacting Merchant Support.

Login to Me Too

Hunnenkoenig
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for trying!

I contacted the technical support team.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.