Subscription Need help

melgibz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,I am making subscription button in sandbox.paypal.com with dropped down amount after generating the code i paste it in my php file,when i tried to test the button it redirect to the test site of business or the merchant and then i filled the email and password of personal or buyer in the textbox.after that it says review your payments then i clicked the button save and continue now it sends payment to the merchant account or the business account...after 5 seconds it redirects back to my site...then i went back to sandbox.paypal.com and login as business to see if the payment is successfully sent...i clicked the history tab on top,and then it shows the list of cutomer who sends payment for subscription...I just wonder why,why it is type is "Recurring Payment From" i thought it is marked as subscription because i used subscriptionbutton that i had generated in the sandbox.paypal.com..also when i tried to dropdown morefilter ->subscription and agreements->subscription,there  is no display for subsciption..can you please enligthen my mind i am expecting there will be data to show because i use the subscription button...why it falls to recurring payments,and what is that recurring payment.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

melgibz
Contributor
Contributor
why nobody don't want to reply my topic or no one will help me...did i miss something here ?
Login to Me Too

Zardiw
Contributor
Contributor

Recurring payment is the payment you get every month.......if it's a monthly subscription........z

Login to Me Too

melgibz
Contributor
Contributor

It is yearly subscription...every 1 year i want the buyer billed another subscription with the same amount and term,,can i ask if the buyer wants to have early renew of subscription with the same amount and terms,example $1 and 1 year...because i tried to test this in sandbox.paypal.com it will generate warning or an error it says that the amount should not more than 6percent,another warning is the "new term is the same as the old term etc...".

Login to Me Too

Zardiw
Contributor
Contributor

Here's what I learned.......I never used the Sandbox......I went live. I set the price at $1 and used another CC to test the system.

You need to put a lot of echos in your IPN script.......and run it stand alone first by using the IPN transaction that PayPal generates.........You can find that under History/IPN History

z

Login to Me Too

melgibz
Contributor
Contributor

if you are using live, is that your credit card that you used are real?how can you get your money back?

Login to Me Too

Zardiw
Contributor
Contributor

Also.......when you get a new subscriber, PayPal will send TWO transactions.....The one that says a new member signed up......and the other one is the actual payment.

You can just ignore the first one.....kill the script when you get that with die().

When you get the actual payment one, that's when you process it by adding a new member, etc

z

Login to Me Too

melgibz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi where they will send the two transactions in my email where i can find those two messages?

Thank you for the reply.

Many regards.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.