Putting Text Link In Adverts

suziecinnamon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have had good success using my paypal.me link in adverts I run online - unfortunately, unless the customer types into the comments box what product they are ordering I don't know what it is. 

Is there a way to create a link to put in adverts that will tell me the product they bought?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@suziecinnamon wrote:

Hi,

I have had good success using my paypal.me link in adverts I run online - unfortunately, unless the customer types into the comments box what product they are ordering I don't know what it is. 

Is there a way to create a link to put in adverts that will tell me the product they bought?

Thanks

Unfortunately, no.  You can only tack on amounts to the PayPal.me url. Use the PayPal button maker instead.  It's found in your PayPal account seller settings if you need to include item descriptions with your payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@suziecinnamon wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Unfortunately, no.  You can only tack on amounts to the PayPal.me url. Use the PayPal button maker instead.  It's found in your PayPal account seller settings if you need to include item descriptions with your payments.

Login to Me Too

suziecinnamon
Contributor
Contributor
Brilliant thanks
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@suziecinnamon, another idea would be to price your items in such a way that you can tack on the amount at the end of the url and could tell what the item is when payment comes in.

For example, you sell two books.  One book is priced 12$, the other 20$.  Tack on the amounts to the links and placed them next to the corresponding items.

Login to Me Too

suziecinnamon
Contributor
Contributor
Can decimal points be used in the link? Such as 19.99?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.