Please help me with this.

Nozles
Contributor
Contributor

Well, recently I had sold some intangible good for an online game, and the buyer has opened up a case as an alledged "Unauthorized Payment" even if I was on the phone with his the whole time, and he paid me 2 sepparate times minutes apart, each with a note saying it I was legitament, Anyway, this case has been open for about 4 days now. So at first I transfered the money to my bank account as soon as I got the money thinking that this would be a way of seeing I actually had the money as I am new to all of this. But it reversed my transfer because he opened the case and the fund are held. So anyway, yesterday night I recived 2 emails from paypal in my emai saying that the funds were being transfered to my bank account(The funds that are in the open cases) so I was wondering if I was going to recieve the money? Or if some how Paypal has sent it to me on accident, which I hope is not the case, as it is around 200$ in total.  Im so tried of all of this, and wondering how this could happen. Thanks to anyone that can help me out, and God bless.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately selling items of this nature thru PayPal are a regular target for scammers.  Scammers read and understand the PayPal User Agreement.  Most folks don't.  You may be stuck and the scammer may end up with a refund.  All you can do is wait to see how PayPal handles the issue.

Login to Me Too

Nozles
Contributor
Contributor
I'm saying my question is a got an email telling me that they were transferring it to my bank, do you think this was a mistake?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.