Please help me with this message

VivienHIbbert
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to retrieve my PayPal funds and put the routing number and bank account number in, this is the message I get:

"The account you've entered needs an additional review before we can proceed. Please add a different bank account. If you'd still like to use this bank account, please contact Customer Service."

But...none of the questions at customer service seem to answer this question...

I can't for the life of me figure out how to retrieve the funds PayPal is holding from my sales. I am new to all this - please help!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You need to actually speak with a customer support rep to find out what they are requiring.  Unfortunately no one here has access to user account information so there's not much that can be done thru the forum to assist.   In order to use your account without holds and limits, you need to ensure it's "verified".  On occasions PayPal will ask for additional proof of ID and address in the form of Utility Bills, Driver's Licenses, etc.

Login to Me Too

VivienHIbbert
Contributor
Contributor

@snowshoe wrote:

You need to actually speak with a customer support rep to find out what they are requiring.  Unfortunately no one here has access to user account information so there's not much that can be done thru the forum to assist.   In order to use your account without holds and limits, you need to ensure it's "verified".  On occasions PayPal will ask for additional proof of ID and address in the form of Utility Bills, Driver's Licenses, etc.

Thank you so much snowshoe...Just one question - how do I reach an actual person? Is there a phone number? I appreciate your response.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

On the main PayPal login page, there is a Contact Us link.  If you follow the prompts, you will get to a phone number.  Also within your PayPal Account there is a Contact Us link at the bottom of every page.

Calling customer is a challenge but, if persistant, it does work.

Google is also quite helpful ... here's the results of a few quick searches:

PayPal Customer Service:

If in US

1 –  888 – 221 - 1161
1 –  402 – 935 - 2050 (if calling from outside the U.S.)

4:00 AM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday
6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time Saturday and Sunday
Please note that hours of operation may vary on holidays

If in the UK

0800 358 7911
If you are calling from outside the United Kingdom, use the following phone number: Login, Click "Contact", Click "Call Us" (international call charges may apply). Freephone from a UK landline. However, costs from mobile may apply and are dependent on the terms of agreement with your network operator.

8:00 am – 10:00 pm Monday through Friday
8:00 am – 9:00 pm Saturday;  9:00 am – 9:00 pm Sunday
For Claims or limitations, hours of service are: 8:00 am – 8:30 pm Monday through Friday; 8:00 am – 6:30 pm Saturday; 9:00 am – 6:30 pm Sunday

If in CA

Login, Click "Contact", Click "Call Us"
1-Login, Click "Contact", Click "Call Us" (if calling from outside Canada)

4:00 AM to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

Other methods:

You can reach out to PayPal through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

VivienHIbbert
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much snowshoe - you are a champ!!! I really do appreciate your help.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.